Airplane Collision Interview Puzzle
Tricky question, be attentive-
There are four airplanes flying in four different directions. Each of the plane navigates a straight line at a constant speed. Please keep in mind that none of the two planes are flying parallel with each other. They began flying at the same time long time ago. Sometimes, even a collision takes place but the strong build, makes the planes continue with the journey. But even the sturdy built can only survive two collisions and after that the plane will crash.
Out of the six possible collisions, five have already taken place (do note that the collisions did not involve more than two planes at one time). Two planes have already crashed. What will be the fate of the remaining two planes?
Suppose that –
z axis denotes the time and
x and y axis denote the 2D planet.
The four trajectories in that case are straight lines. Since no collisions involved more than two air planes, the four lines must be lying in the same plane. Now its like the other two planes will collide as well.
But the fact that they might have collided in the negative time.
Thus you can’t be sure with the provided facts if the two remaining planes will collide or not.
There can be both possibilities.
——> The first assumption depicts that the four air planes fly in a manner that there is no collision between the planes.
——> However in the second diagram, the four airplanes fly in a manner that there is collision between them.
More puzzles to try-
- How will you measure 15 minutes using two hourglasses of 7 minutes and 11 minutes respectively?Read More »
- What is the next number in the sequence? 1 11 21 1211 111221 312211Read More »
- If a legislature decides to fund agricultural subsidy programs, national radio, and a small business loan program, what 2 other ...Read More »
- Synonyms of enemy in three letters ?Read More »
- A man bumps into his mathematician friend on the street that he hasn’t seen in 5 years. The man asks ...Read More »
- A couple exchanging kisses and hugs. If a third falls in place, one’s got their goal and one’s out of ...Read More »
- What is it that comes twice in a decade but only once in a century?Read More »
- Matt is the fiftieth fastest and the fiftieth slowest runner in his school. Assuming no two runners are the same ...Read More »
- How can you make seven even?Read More »
- What do race car drivers eat for breakfast?Read More »
- Can you name a sport where winners move backward and losers move forward?Read More »
- One day Alice meets the Lion and the Unicorn in the Forest of Forgetfulness. She knows that the Lion lies ...Read More »
- What room can no one enter?Read More »
- Jacob ans Jenny have six children: Donald, Rebecca, Michael, Faye, Solomon, and Lara. Jenny is pregnant of her seventh child, ...Read More »
- What has 88 keys but can’t open a single door?Read More »
- In a certain city, 5% of all the persons in town have unlisted phone numbers. If you select 100 names ...Read More »
- A baseball pitcher plays during 9 innings, gets 27 strike outs, and only throws 81 pitches. But they still lose ...Read More »
- What gets whiter, the dirtier it gets?Read More »
- B C D E __ I K __ X The puzzle might look like a simple one. Give it a ...Read More »
- A poor man is sitting in a pub. He sees that the man next to him is extremely rich. Poor ...Read More »