Airplane Collision Interview Puzzle
Tricky question, be attentive-
There are four airplanes flying in four different directions. Each of the plane navigates a straight line at a constant speed. Please keep in mind that none of the two planes are flying parallel with each other. They began flying at the same time long time ago. Sometimes, even a collision takes place but the strong build, makes the planes continue with the journey. But even the sturdy built can only survive two collisions and after that the plane will crash.
Out of the six possible collisions, five have already taken place (do note that the collisions did not involve more than two planes at one time). Two planes have already crashed. What will be the fate of the remaining two planes?
Suppose that –
z axis denotes the time and
x and y axis denote the 2D planet.
The four trajectories in that case are straight lines. Since no collisions involved more than two air planes, the four lines must be lying in the same plane. Now its like the other two planes will collide as well.
But the fact that they might have collided in the negative time.
Thus you can’t be sure with the provided facts if the two remaining planes will collide or not.
There can be both possibilities.
——> The first assumption depicts that the four air planes fly in a manner that there is no collision between the planes.
——> However in the second diagram, the four airplanes fly in a manner that there is collision between them.
More puzzles to try-
- I have ten or more sons. I have less than ten sons. I have at least one son. If only ...Read More »
- A chess tournament is taking place on knock-out terms (the one who loses the match is out of the game). ...Read More »
- Are the points marked with A and B in front, or in back? There are no depth cues, so its ...Read More »
- What object has keys that open no locks, space but no room, and you can enter but not go in?Read More »
- Replace the question mark with the correct number below.Read More »
- Alone I am 24th, with a friend (who is same as like me) I am 20 and add an another friend ...Read More »
- Jim entered in a small room. Door Closed When the door opened, Jim is in a big room. How that’s ...Read More »
- Far off in the woods, there is a cabin. The cabin contains 3 people. 2 are in one room together, ...Read More »
- If we add four times the age of John four years from now to five times his age five years ...Read More »
- Which city in India is ‘Rhythm of eyes’? A) Chennai B) Nainital C) Srinagar D) KarnatakaRead More »
- You have $100 with you and you have to buy 100 balls with it. 100 is the exact figure and ...Read More »
- Captain John Sparrow is the captain of this famous ship. The captain of this famous ship is Captain John Sparrow. ...Read More »
- There is a barrel with no lid and some beer in it. “This barrel is more than half full,” said ...Read More »
- A journalist was investigating a sacred cult in the jungles of Africa when he was caught by one of the ...Read More »
- In a rainy season, one day 3 huge ladies walked under a normal-sized umbrella. The umbrella is not huge enough ...Read More »
- A railway track runs parallel to a road until a bend brings the road to a level crossing. A cyclist ...Read More »
- Can you guess the next letter in the series? CYGTNLITRead More »
- Black within, red without, with four corners, round about. What is it?Read More »
- What fastens two people yet touches only one?Read More »
- What will be the output of the following program?Read More »