Bridge Crossing in Minimal Time
A family is trapped in a jungle. There is a bridge which can lead them to safety. But at one time, the bridge can only allow two people to pass through. Also, all of them are afraid of the dark and thus, they can’t go alone.
Father takes 1 minute to cross, the mother takes 2 minutes, the son takes 4 and the daughter takes 5 minutes. While crossing the time taken will be according to the slower one. How can they all reach the other side in the minimum possible time?
Step 1: Father and Mother go together, crosses the bridge in 2 Min.
Step 2: Father leaves mother at the other end and returns in 1 Min.
Step 3: Son and Daughter go together, cross in 5 Min.
Step 4: Mother who is at the other end returns in 2 Min.
Step 5: Father and Mother cross again, completes in 2 Min.
Total Time taken: 2 + 1 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 12 Min.
More puzzles to try-
- Some months back, this year, I was walking through the Central Park in New York. I saw an intelligent looking ...Read More »
- What did one wall say to the other wall?Read More »
- The doctor given a bottle of five tablets to a patient and asked to take five tablets in a gap ...Read More »
- Suppose that you are trapped on the surface of a frozen lake. The surface is so smooth and ideal that ...Read More »
- A girl found that she had a 56 cms strip of ribbon. She could cut a cm off every second. ...Read More »
- There is a number, the second digit of which is smaller than its first digit by 4, and if the ...Read More »
- You are driving a car at full speed. Suddenly you see a little boy, an old woman and a traffic ...Read More »
- It is the beginning of enmity; the end of life and love; honey can’t be without it; yet sugar can ...Read More »
- People go round and round me Adding some lights on a string And later underneath me They place the gifts ...Read More »
- Outside a room there are three light switches. One of switch is connected to a light bulb inside the room. ...Read More »
- It runs over fields and roads all day. Sits under the bed at night not alone, With their long tongue ...Read More »
- No one wants to have it, but if one got it, he does not want to lose it. What is ...Read More »
- It is grown from darkness but shine with a pale light. Very round it is, and always a lady’s delight. ...Read More »
- Many years ago, befor modern educashun in the new millenium, one problem in skools was baseic speeling and grammer. To ...Read More »
- 4 Friends A, B, C, D are sipping coffee at Starbucks Coffee House. They wish to compute their average salary. ...Read More »
- Remove two matchsticks to make the below equation correct.Read More »
- There are two planes. One is going from New York to London at a speed of 600 MPH. The other ...Read More »
- John brings 1000 chocolates for his sister and ten boxes as well. He asks his sister to place the chocolates ...Read More »
- In the Mexico City area, there are two Houses H1 and H2. Both H1 and H2 have two children each. ...Read More »
- I am 5 letters long. My first two tell you who I am My first 3 could be a medicine ...Read More »