Britney Brain Teasing Statement
Britney tells truth only once a week. Below are a few hints for you:
First Hint: Days are Sunday, Monday and so on.
Second Hint: One day she says that she lies on Monday and Tuesday.
Third Hint: On the next day she says, \’Today is either Thursday, Saturday or Sunday\’.
Fourth Hint: On the next day, she says that she lies on Wednesday and Friday.
Can you find out on which day does Britney speaks truth ?
Let’s say that she lies on Monday and Tuesday is itself a lie. That would mean one of those two days she tells the truth.
Let’s say “today is either Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday” is a lie. That would mean today is either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday
Let’s say that she lies on Wednesday and Friday is itself a lie. That would mean one of those days she tells the truth.
Hint 1 (Sunday): can be true because it is not Monday or Tuesday
Hint 2 (Monday): can be a lie because it is not Thursday, Saturday, or Sunday
Hint 3 (Tuesday): is true, Wednesday and Friday are both lying days, so can’t be this day
Hint 1 (Monday): hint 1 says Monday is a lie day, but this would be a truth day.
Hint 1 (Tuesday): lies on Monday and Tuesday, so can’t be Tuesday.
Hint 1 (Wednesday): lies on Monday and Tuesday, that’s true.
Hint 2 (Thursday): today is Thursday, Saturday or Sunday. This is true, so it can’t be Wednesday.
Hint 1 (Thursday): lies on Monday and Tuesday, that’s true.
Hint 2 (Friday): today is Thursday, Saturday or Sunday (yep that’s a lie)
Hint 3 (Saturday): lies on Wednesday and Friday (both are lies!)
Therefore it’s Thursday.
More puzzles to try-
- Use the homophones “to”, “too”, and “two” in one question.Read More »
- There is a grandad, a dad and 2 sons. They all go hunting and they all shoot a bird each ...Read More »
- Three guests check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10. Later ...Read More »
- Haretown and Tortoiseville are 50 miles apart. A hare travels at 8 miles per hour from Haretown to Tortoiseville, while ...Read More »
- A man built his house above a river between two trees. He attaches his house to the middle of the ...Read More »
- If 1+9+8=1, what is 2+8+9?Read More »
- It burns no coal, no oil, no nuclear fuels and has no need for electricity. It uses no man made ...Read More »
- Two fathers and two sons sat down to take tea. They had exactly three cup of tea, each person had ...Read More »
- You have me today, Tomorrow you will have more; As your time passes, I am not easy to store; I ...Read More »
- There are 30 people in an empty, square room. Each person has full sight of the entire room and everyone ...Read More »
- Ronald has a rare opportunity to meet the President of the United States. During his visit the president gives him ...Read More »
- A man deposited an amount to the bank. In which his amount doubles in one year. But, Bank cut off ...Read More »
- You are on your way to visit your Friend, who lives at the end of the hill. It is his ...Read More »
- One day, One of a pair of identical twins celebrated their first birthday. Two days later, The other twin celebrated ...Read More »
- A man died in a telephone box with the sides smashed in, his hands are covered in blood and the ...Read More »
- What is God\’s favourite food?Read More »
- A man died, leaving $10,000,000 for his widow, 5 sons and 4 daughters. Each daughter received an equal amount, each ...Read More »
- A non stop marathon is the shared favorite sport of three brothers. The oldest one is fat and short and ...Read More »
- There are 25 horses among which you need to find out the fastest 3 horses. You can conduct race among ...Read More »