Cook the egg for 15 minutes
You are trying to cook an egg for exactly fifteen minutes, but instead of a timer, you are given two ropes which burn for exactly 1 hour each. The ropes, however, are of uneven densities – i e , half the rope length-wise might take only two minutes to burn. How can you cook the egg for exactly fifteen minutes?
We light rope A from one end and rope B from both ends simultaneously.
When rope B is fully burned (it means that half an hour is passed and rope A has only one hour left) we light the other end of rope A immediately and of course start cooking the egg.
When rope A is fully burned (it means that fifteen minutes is passed from the time we started cooking the egg) your meal is ready…! 😉
Steps to measure 15 minutes
- Light Rope #1 from both ends.
- At the same time light Rope #2 from one end.
- When Rope #1 burns fully, it will be 30 minutes and Rope #2 will take 30 more minutes to burn, light the other end of Rope #2 at this time, thus it will take 15 minutes to burn.
- Start cooking your egg at the same point.
- Stop cooking when Rope #2 burns fully.
More puzzles to try-
- You are driving down the road in your car on a thunder and stormy night. You saw three people waiting ...Read More »
- You have a 12 liters jug full of water. You have two empty 8 liters and 5 liters jug. Now ...Read More »
- What two things can you never eat for breakfast?Read More »
- During a recent police investigation, Chief Inspector of PuzzleFry was interviewing five local villains to try and identify who stole ...Read More »
- A man 5’11” high is found dead in a closed room. This room is found empty with some puddle of ...Read More »
- Poor farmer went to the farmers market to sell his corn. He had only one sack so he put barley ...Read More »
- An empty bus pulls up to a stop and 10 people get on. At the next stop 5 people get ...Read More »
- A nonstop train leaves Delhi for Agra at 70 mph. Another nonstop train leaves Agra for Delhi at 50 mph. ...Read More »
- In the picture, you can see a chess board. On the top left position, the K marks a knight. Now, ...Read More »
- In 1999, a 41-year-old doctor told his son that when a little boy he decided to be a doctor by ...Read More »
- There is a 100 pound watermelon laying out in the sun. 89 percent of the watermelon’s weight is water. After ...Read More »
- I ask Alex to pick any 5 cards out of a deck with no Jokers. He can inspect then shuffle ...Read More »
- In the picture, bulb is connected to a switch via one cable. So can you find which switch will turn ...Read More »
- If a peacock and a half, lay an egg and a half, in a day and a half. How many ...Read More »
- Use the homophones “to”, “too”, and “two” in one question.Read More »
- The Smith family is a very wealthy family that lives in a big, circular home. One morning, Mr. Smith woke ...Read More »
- John Farmer woke up one morning to pandemonium in his barnyard. The gate had been left open and the animals ...Read More »
- A plane crashes on the border of the U.S. and Canada. Where do they bury the survivors?Read More »
- You have a horrible disease but thankfully there is a medicine for it. Everyday you must take one pill called ...Read More »
- If the puzzle you solved before you solved the puzzle you solved after you solved the puzzle you solved before ...Read More »