Cook the egg for 15 minutes
You are trying to cook an egg for exactly fifteen minutes, but instead of a timer, you are given two ropes which burn for exactly 1 hour each. The ropes, however, are of uneven densities – i e , half the rope length-wise might take only two minutes to burn. How can you cook the egg for exactly fifteen minutes?
We light rope A from one end and rope B from both ends simultaneously.
When rope B is fully burned (it means that half an hour is passed and rope A has only one hour left) we light the other end of rope A immediately and of course start cooking the egg.
When rope A is fully burned (it means that fifteen minutes is passed from the time we started cooking the egg) your meal is ready…! 😉
Steps to measure 15 minutes
- Light Rope #1 from both ends.
- At the same time light Rope #2 from one end.
- When Rope #1 burns fully, it will be 30 minutes and Rope #2 will take 30 more minutes to burn, light the other end of Rope #2 at this time, thus it will take 15 minutes to burn.
- Start cooking your egg at the same point.
- Stop cooking when Rope #2 burns fully.
More puzzles to try-
- Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the ...Read More »
- John asks Charlie, ‘It is 9 pm as per my watch right now’.Do you know what will be the time ...Read More »
- After losing the “Spot on the Forehead” contest, the two defeated Puzzle Masters complained that the winner had made a ...Read More »
- There are six eggs in the basket. Six people each take one of the eggs. How can it be that ...Read More »
- A man persuaded Weary Willie, with some difficulty, to try to work on a job for thirty days at eight ...Read More »
- What is the best way to stop a dog from barking in, and digging up the front yard?Read More »
- The warden meets with 23 new prisoners when they arrive. He tells them, “You may meet today and plan a ...Read More »
- Find a 4-letter word for each blank below so that when added, two new words (sharing the same middle word) ...Read More »
- A young man walks through the forest. He comes to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large ...Read More »
- A six feet man and his six year old son are swinging together at a park swing. They are on ...Read More »
- What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?Read More »
- A killer bee was buzzing, a queen bee was buzzing, a worker bee was buzzing, and a honey bee was ...Read More »
- Every Year, five couples make their annual trek up a mountain and have a picnic lunch together at the top. ...Read More »
- There are ten birds on a branch. and you shot one bird. How many birds are left on the branchRead More »
- 4 fathers, 2 grand-fathers and 4 sons went to watch the movie. What is the minimum number of the tickets ...Read More »
- What is seen by the husband in the picture that made him MURDER his wife?Read More »
- You are a surgeon who has to perform 3 operations today, but you only have 2 pairs of gloves (a ...Read More »
- There are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but all bags contain ten ...Read More »
- All the rivers are magical, moment a worshiper crosses a river with any number of flowers, it becomes double. (For ...Read More »
- In a bicycle race, the man who came two places in front of the last man finished one ahead of ...Read More »