What 5 digit number am I thinking of.
It has two prime digits.
Digit 3 is the highest digit.
Digit 2 is lowest digit.
Digit 1 is higher than the sum of digits 4 and 5.
Digit 5 is half of digit 4.
Digit 1 is one smaller than digit 3.
Digit 5 is between digit 2 and digit 1
There are no duplicates and the digit 0 does not appear.
Do not forget that 1 is not prime.
a b c d e (digits of given number)
2 prime digits
9 >= c > a, d, e > b >= 1
a > d + e
e = d/2
a = c – 1
b < e = a+1 > a, e, 2e > b >= 1
a > 2e + e = 3e
e > b & b >= 1 => e >= 2
if e >= 3 then a > 3e >= 9, but a can’t be greater than 9 so e can’t be greater than or equal to 3, which means e = 2
=> d = 4, b = 1
e is prime, but b and d are not, which means that a or a+1 is prime
a+1 a 3e => a > 6,
so a can be 7 or 8, since 7 is only prime digit of digits 7, 8, 9 then a must be 7 and c = a+1 = 8
conclusion: a = 7, b = 1, c = 8, d = 4 and e = 2
number: 71842 (2 and 7 are prime, 8 is the highest digit, 1 is the lowest digit, 7 is higher than sum of 4 and 2, 2 is half of 4, 7 is smaller than 8, 2 id between 1 and 7)
More puzzles to try-
- A dealer has 1000 coins and 10 bags. He has to divide the coins over the ten bags so that ...Read More »
- Find the hidden country in the below given paragraph: As defendants, we deny all involvement in the unscrupulous dealings which ...Read More »
- A boy at a carnival went to a booth ran by a man who said “If I can write your ...Read More »
- It is 2 in 54, five letter word, it is known as wild and some say unpredictable. It can raise ...Read More »
- James Bond is caught up in a mysterious scenario where the evil villain has him blindfolded. He somehow breaks through ...Read More »
- A man who lived in Mexico wanted to cross the Mexico/America border. The bridge which he is to cross is ...Read More »
- Detective Sherlock entered a restaurant, he heard a voice coming from the kitchen of the restaurant “No Andrew, Don’t shoot“. ...Read More »
- I went to city Mexico on the way I saw four women, with four bags, who have four kittens. Each ...Read More »
- A king finds a woman he wants to marry but she refuses. But since he is the king, she has ...Read More »
- You have 240 barrels of wine, one of which has been poisoned. After drinking the poisoned wine, one dies within ...Read More »
- I am the black child of a white father, a wingless bird, flying even to the clouds of heaven. I ...Read More »
- Why were the tennis players arrested ?Read More »
- What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?Read More »
- What is generally consistent but you would not make a peep unless it goes beep?Read More »
- One word in this sentence is misspelled. What word is it?Read More »
- My first is in camel and in hamster. My second is in otter but not in ferret. My third is ...Read More »
- You are presented with three boxes. One of them has a red ball inside and the other two have a ...Read More »
- A grandfather has a broken grandfather clock that is off by a minute every hour (too fast). He figures out ...Read More »
- There is a bag with 20 black and 13 red balls. Your task is to pick two balls in succession. ...Read More »
- A man is going to an Antique Car auction. All purchases must be paid for in cash. He goes to ...Read More »