Martians don’t need to develop airplanes as a means
of moving through the air. Most feathered Martians can
fly easily. Every few lunars, feathered Martians from
the various groups participate in a tournament to determine
which are the best fliers of the planet.
This lunar, teams of two feathered Martians from
three groups are competing:
1. One team is from the Uti, one from the Grundi,
and one from the Yomi.
2. Each team is made up of one female and one male.
3. The female participants are Xera, Wora, and Teta.
4. The males are called Vel, Pyi, and Rir.
5. Despite her daring feats in the air, Teta had never
been away from home before the contest.
6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go
on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her
ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate
in the territory of the Grundi.
If the winners are members of the Uti group, what
are the names of the best fliers?
From: 6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
We know that these 2 are not from the same group.
From: 7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
We know that Xera is not part of the yomi, Pyi is.
From: 8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate in the territory of the Grundi.
We know that Pyi is a yomi, so Teta cannot be. Teta is a Grundi bc she was in that territory and has never left home before now.
Xera and Rir in diff group
Xera is not yomi
Pyi is yomi
Teta is grundi
thus Xera = Uti, Wora = yomi, teta = grundi
because Xera is not yomi and teta is already the grundi, so xera must be uti.
Now Pyi = yomi, Rir = grundi, vel = uti
because rir cannot be in the same group as Xera, and Pyi has already been named the yomi. Thus, vel is the uti.
The names of the Uti and the winners are:
Xera and Vel.
More puzzles to try-
- A man walks into a Chemist looking a little embarrassed. He whispers something into the chemist’s ear. The chemist then ...Read More »
- One of the following numbers can be marked out as the odd one out. Can you find which one? 1) ...Read More »
- Suppose there are 4 prisoners named W, X, Y, and Z. Prisoner W is standing on one side of a ...Read More »
- A semi truck weighing exactly 10,000 pounds(Total Weight of truck) gets onto a bridge that is 100 miles long. The ...Read More »
- A women and her daughter walked into a restaurant. A man walked past and the women both said, “Hello, Father”. ...Read More »
- Janaki Devi was a rich widow with no kids living alone in Palampur. She had 3 servants: a driver named ...Read More »
- A man lives in a small house with a farm as his back garden and has a river beside his ...Read More »
- Pairs of primes numbers separated by a single number are called prime pairs like 17 and 19. Prove that the ...Read More »
- Can you find out how many prime numbers that are less than 95 will leave an odd reminder when divided ...Read More »
- A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a ...Read More »
- I walk into a restaurant for lunch and my check comes to π dollars. The restaurant will only accept cash ...Read More »
- The Queen lives in a beautiful castle with her only son and a sheep-dog named Sir Foo Foo. One day ...Read More »
- If, 9999 = 4, 8888 = 8, 1816 = 6, 1212 = 0, then 1919 = ?Read More »
- A=15, B=16, C=10 and D=12 what is the difference between mass and weightRead More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- There was some system error in a mailing website because of which passwords of some clients got changed. Here is ...Read More »
- A man has a barrel filled with oil that weighs 100 pounds, and then he puts something into it. Now ...Read More »
- Make 5 triangles using the 5 sticks without breaking any.Read More »
- You have infinite supply of water. You also have 5 quart and 3 quart buckets. What is the least number ...Read More »
- A man has a medical condition that requires him to take two kinds of pills, call them A and B. ...Read More »