Martians don’t need to develop airplanes as a means
of moving through the air. Most feathered Martians can
fly easily. Every few lunars, feathered Martians from
the various groups participate in a tournament to determine
which are the best fliers of the planet.
This lunar, teams of two feathered Martians from
three groups are competing:
1. One team is from the Uti, one from the Grundi,
and one from the Yomi.
2. Each team is made up of one female and one male.
3. The female participants are Xera, Wora, and Teta.
4. The males are called Vel, Pyi, and Rir.
5. Despite her daring feats in the air, Teta had never
been away from home before the contest.
6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go
on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her
ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate
in the territory of the Grundi.
If the winners are members of the Uti group, what
are the names of the best fliers?
From: 6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
We know that these 2 are not from the same group.
From: 7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
We know that Xera is not part of the yomi, Pyi is.
From: 8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate in the territory of the Grundi.
We know that Pyi is a yomi, so Teta cannot be. Teta is a Grundi bc she was in that territory and has never left home before now.
Xera and Rir in diff group
Xera is not yomi
Pyi is yomi
Teta is grundi
thus Xera = Uti, Wora = yomi, teta = grundi
because Xera is not yomi and teta is already the grundi, so xera must be uti.
Now Pyi = yomi, Rir = grundi, vel = uti
because rir cannot be in the same group as Xera, and Pyi has already been named the yomi. Thus, vel is the uti.
The names of the Uti and the winners are:
Xera and Vel.
More puzzles to try-
- A guard is positioned at the one side of bridge say ‘A’. * His task is to shoot all those ...Read More »
- Five children want a snack. There is : an orange, a muffin, an apple, chocolate bread and raisin bread. Hints ...Read More »
- You know three triplets: 1. Eden 2. Thorgan and 3. Kylian Eden always tells the truth while Thorgan and Kylian ...Read More »
- Army General, accused of high disloyalty, is sentenced to death by the court-martial. He is allowed to make a final ...Read More »
- There are 08 people who like each other? Rhina likes John. Tow likes Ambi. Camer likes Brit. Jaish likes Kalli. ...Read More »
- “How many minutes in a second?” Wwith the stipulation being that the answer is “a four letter word in everyday ...Read More »
- How many maximum runs can a batsman score in a normal one day match? Consider the fact that the conditions ...Read More »
- One day, One of a pair of identical twins celebrated their first birthday. Two days later, The other twin celebrated ...Read More »
- A man crossed over Westminster Bridge one morning between eight and nine o clock by the tower clock (often mistakenly called ...Read More »
- Mrs. Holmes is a primary school teacher and One of her students took her Pen. Mrs. Holmes has narrowed the ...Read More »
- An investor trading through a discount stock broker that charges $10.00 Dollars per transaction bought 200 shares of Vola Tile ...Read More »
- A rather silly car thief stole, without knowing it, the car of the chief of police. The police immediately started ...Read More »
- There are 31 horses on a cliff, first they jump into the air, then they come down and stop, then ...Read More »
- Fry Link street has 1000 buildings. A sign board maker is contracted to number the houses from 1 to 1000. How ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question mark in circle?Read More »
- John, Jony and Jacob, were three neighboring farmers who were discussing what would happen if John’s peacock laid an egg ...Read More »
- You have two jars. One contains vinegar, the other oil. The two jars contain the same amount of their respective ...Read More »
- You have two books. One of them is upside-down and the other is rotated so the top of the book ...Read More »
- A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other. When Detective ...Read More »
- A man deposited an amount to the bank. In which his amount doubles in one year. But, Bank cut off ...Read More »