Relative Judjment riddle
An old farmer died and left 17 cows to his three sons. In his will, the farmer stated that his oldest son should get 1/2, his middle son should get 1/3, and his youngest son should get 1/9 of all the cows. The sons, who did not want to end up with half cows, sat for days trying to figure out how many cows each of them should get.
One day, their relative came by to see how they were doing after their father’s death. The three sons told him their problem. After thinking for a while, the relative said: “I’ll be right back!” He went away, and when he came back, the three sons could divide the cows according to their father’s will, and in such a way, that each of them got a whole number of cows.
What was the relative’s solution?
More puzzles to try-
- In a marble hall as white as milk, Lined with skin as soft as silk, Within a fountain crystal clear, ...Read More »
- One night, a man receives a call from the Police. The Police tell the man that his wife was murdered, ...Read More »
- A couple (say A and B) decided to commit suicide after a rough life. They decided to jump off a ...Read More »
- Move just One matchstick to fix the equation. This math question seems simple, however, there are multiple solutions. Read More »
- Each child in a family has at least 4 brothers and 2 sisters. What is the smallest number of children ...Read More »
- Use a mathematical symbol between 5 and 9, to get a number greater than 4 and Lesser than 8. (Note ...Read More »
- 2 9 3 1 8 4 3 6 5 7 _ What is the next term in this sequence?Read More »
- I have no feet, no hands, no wings, but I climb to the sky. What am I?Read More »
- They are strong when white. They can be easily shaken and weakened, Easily stained and infected; None was found at ...Read More »
- A bank is getting robbed, Robbers enters the bank and make sure of securing all emergency buttons and one of ...Read More »
- This figure has conflicting depth cues, so it becomes unstable as you look at it. Depending on which part looks ...Read More »
- Planning to roam the countryside and prey upon its defenseless people, the ogre reached into his dark closet. There he ...Read More »
- The hour and minute hands are at equal distance from the 6 hour, what time will it be exactly?Read More »
- It takes me 65 weeks to come It takes me 65 weeks to go Thank gosh for he fog otherwise ...Read More »
- A milkman has two empty jugs: a three gallon jug and a five gallon jug. How can he measure exactly ...Read More »
- When James was nine years old he hammered a nail into a tree to mark his height. Ten years later, ...Read More »
- If you have three you have three, if you have two you have two and if you have one you ...Read More »
- If you say my name, I’ll no longer exist. What am I?Read More »
- yesterday is always before today, but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?Read More »