Shopping 100 chocolates puzzle
You must buy 100 Chocolates for exactly $100, and purchase at least one Chocolates from each store.
- The first store charges 5 cents/Chocolates,
- The second charges $1/Chocolates and
- The third charges $5/Chocolates.
How many Chocolates should you buy from each store?
We can solve it mathematically.
Let’s assume that x,y,z chocolates from 1st, 2nd and 3rd stores respectively.
Now, 0.05x + y + 5z= 100
Which simplifies to x + 20y + 100z= 2000
Now, x + y +z = 100
Subtracting we get,
19y + 99z = 1900
y= 100- 99z/19
Now, Z= 19 only.
More puzzles to try-
- Identify these 20 movies through their character names .. (E.g. Farhan, Chatur, Rancho.. Answer : 3 idiots) 1. Sanjay, Ratan, ...Read More »
- You are given some matches, a rope, and a pair of scissors. The rope burns irregularly and takes 60 minutes ...Read More »
- John bought 150 chocolates but he misplaced some of them. His Father asked him how many chocolates were misplaced. He ...Read More »
- You are given an array with integers (both positive and negative) in any random order. Find the sub-array with the ...Read More »
- Queens can move horizontally, vertically and diagonally any number of spaces as illustrated. One piece ‘attacks’ another if it moves ...Read More »
- There are two traffic police standing along a one-way street looking for traffic violations. They spot a taxi driver going ...Read More »
- Why would a hair stylist rather cut the hair of two brunettes than one red head?Read More »
- A man desired to get into his work building, however he had forgotten his code. However, he did recollect five ...Read More »
- A shrimping boat is at the docks with a lifeboat hanging off the side 5 meters above the water. If ...Read More »
- What number when divided in half becomes zero ?Read More »
- Why are teddy bears never hungry?Read More »
- Who is the strange one who lives in the sea, he has eight arms but no legs ?Read More »
- You are on a bus. 10 people get on at the first stop. At the next stop 25 people get ...Read More »
- Balboa discovered The Pacific in 1513. Which was the Largest Ocean before that? Read More »
- Here are three answers: 1. Answer A 2. Answer A or B 3. Answer B or C There is only ...Read More »
- There are three houses one is red, one is blue, one is white. If the red house is to the ...Read More »
- In a certain flight crew, the positions of Pilot, Copilot, and Flight engineer are held by 3 persons Mario,Dan, Charli, ...Read More »
- Two men are facing each other alone in a large room. There is a clock on the wall. One man, ...Read More »
- A man walked into a room, and there were three doors. The first door had a sign which read “Lion’s ...Read More »
- 20 Software bug were given a bounty and assigned to a software developer. For each bug resolution, the software developer ...Read More »