UPSC number Puzzle – ? + ? + ? + ? + ? = 30
? + ? + ? + ? + ? = 30
You have to fill numbers in place of question marks.
The numbers that you can use are 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15.
You can repeat the numbers if you like.
Can you solve it?
The question that follows came in the UPSC final exam that was held in December 2013.
Only one examinee(Gaurav Agarwal) was able to solve it.
It seems that something’s missing from the puzzle… Because there are a number of straight-forward answers to the question in its present form:
1 + 3 + 11 + 15 = 30
1+ 5 + 9 + 15 = 30
3 + 5 + 7 + 15 = 30
1 + 7 + 9 + 13 = 30 etc. being a few, without repeating the numbers. (With ‘repeat’ option, answers are plenty.)
More puzzles to try-
- You have two coconuts and you want to find out how high they can be dropped from a 100 story ...Read More »
- Why Wine Glass Stem is so long?Read More »
- There is a building of 100 floors -If an egg drops from the Nth floor or above it will break. ...Read More »
- Each of the four eleven letter words below use the letter N in the center. Can you determine what each ...Read More »
- You are given with the following sum. Each of the letters can be decoded as a digit. If we tell ...Read More »
- Can you figure out the logic I used to decide the order of the following words: gun, shoe, spree, door, ...Read More »
- In a room are three boxes that on the outside look identical. One of the boxes contains a car, one ...Read More »
- There is a certain crime, that if it is attempted, is punishable, but if it is committed, is not punishable. ...Read More »
- Imagine that you’re about to set off walking down a street. To reach the other end, you’d first have to ...Read More »
- Toy of queen, Tool of thief. Always used to be unseen. Sign of Sorrow and joy. Giving all likeness borrowed. ...Read More »
- 20 Software bug were given a bounty and assigned to a software developer. For each bug resolution, the software developer ...Read More »
- What 2 things you can’t eat for breakfast? It’s logicRead More »
- The host of a game show, offers the guest a choice of three doors. Behind one is a expensive car, ...Read More »
- I sit between you and a star, but far below me is an empty space. I can be infinite or ...Read More »
- One of the following numbers can be marked out as the odd one out. Can you find which one? 1) ...Read More »
- Look at the center of the image for about 30 seconds. Then quickly shift your gaze to somewhere with a ...Read More »
- I am a 7 letter word first 3 lets you see the world 2,3,4 is a word of ans 6 ...Read More »
- Why did the boy John make the girl Minda pay for her own meal on their date?Read More »
- How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if ...Read More »
- On one of the escalators on the London subway I find that if I walk down twenty-six steps I require thirty ...Read More »