Water Balloon fight riddle
Jacob and John were preparing to have a water balloon fight. “No Fair” cried Jacob, “You have 3 times as many as I do!” John said “Fine!” and gave Jacob 10 more balloons. “Still not fair!” argued Jacob, “You still have twice as many as I do.” How many more balloons must John give Jacob for them to have the same number?
They started with x and 3x balloons.
After giving 10 balloons they have x+10 and 3x-10 balloons and 2(x+10) = 3x-10.
This gives x=30
They started with 30 and 90 balloons.
After giving 10 balloons they have 40 and 80 balloons.
When John give Jacob another 20 balloons they both have 60 balloons
More puzzles to try-
- Two mathematicians Andrew and Bason were sitting face to face when Andrew came up with an idea in mind. He ...Read More »
- Check divisibility by 7 using GraphRead More »
- Sally and Anna bought 8 sweets and shared between themselves. Sally ate 2 more sweets than Anna did. How many ...Read More »
- Solve the Pictogram rebus ?Read More »
- Mr. and Mrs. King had six daughters and each daughter had a brother, so how many people are in the ...Read More »
- He never were, is always to be. No one ever saw him, nor ever will. And yet he is the ...Read More »
- You get trapped in a psycho’s mansion during a power outage. You try to get out by going through a ...Read More »
- Fill in the clues to reveal the hidden message, in this holiday and cold weather puzzle, from us to you. ...Read More »
- Doremon organized a race in which Schinchen, jerry, Oggy, and Nobita have participated. The results of the race is as ...Read More »
- What is the easiest way to double your money?Read More »
- Distribute 1 to 99 in five groups so that total of each group comes same & what is that?Read More »
- A corporate businessman has two cubes on his office desk. Every day he arranges both cubes so that the front ...Read More »
- Why was the picture sent to jail ?Read More »
- What does this mean? Pot ooooooooRead More »
- After looking for his long lost brother that he has never met before, Justin is able to learn his brother’s ...Read More »
- The grandson is about as many days old as the son is in weeks. The grandson is approximately as many ...Read More »
- Akash, Andrew, and Allen race each other in a 100 meters race. All of them run at a constant speed ...Read More »
- There are five people at a table and a pie sliced into 5 pieces. Each person has a piece of ...Read More »
- Consider a game that you play against an opponent. In front of you are an even number of coins of ...Read More »
- A spider is trying to build a web for itself. It doubles the work done everyday. If the spider completely ...Read More »