Water Balloon fight riddle
Jacob and John were preparing to have a water balloon fight. “No Fair” cried Jacob, “You have 3 times as many as I do!” John said “Fine!” and gave Jacob 10 more balloons. “Still not fair!” argued Jacob, “You still have twice as many as I do.” How many more balloons must John give Jacob for them to have the same number?
They started with x and 3x balloons.
After giving 10 balloons they have x+10 and 3x-10 balloons and 2(x+10) = 3x-10.
This gives x=30
They started with 30 and 90 balloons.
After giving 10 balloons they have 40 and 80 balloons.
When John give Jacob another 20 balloons they both have 60 balloons
More puzzles to try-
- Assume there are approximately 5,000,000,000 (5 billion) people on Earth living presently. What would you estimate to be the result, ...Read More »
- Find the missing number in the picture below ?Read More »
- Please add the following numbers in your head. Start with 1000. Add 40 Add 1000 Add 30 Add 1000 Add ...Read More »
- Voiceless it cries, Wingless flutters, Toothless bites, Mouth-less mutters. Who is this?Read More »
- Tower of Hanoi 4 Disk Puzzle Game The goal of the puzzle is to move all the disks from the ...Read More »
- Serge, Chris et Marc are married to Lise, Monique and Lily. Hints : 1) Serge loves golf but hates boating. 2) ...Read More »
- 4 6 2 9 0 1 19 10 0 6 0 31 0 0 8 6 2 9 1 19 ...Read More »
- What is 2+2? What is 4+4? What is 8+8? What is 16+16? Pick a number between 12 and 5.Read More »
- Recently, I received a wonderful cookbook. In an appendix, it shows a table that converts oven temperatures between Celsius and ...Read More »
- A scientist is experimenting with bacteria that are one micron in diameter and that reproduce by dividing every minute into ...Read More »
- 7 frogs are sitting on a log. 1 of them decides to jump off of the log. At this moment ...Read More »
- The grandson is about as many days old as the son is in weeks. The grandson is approximately as many ...Read More »
- On your arrival a stranger drops you a code “aiamesirsefooftrfiacitnomsdaoesfotenrbcitkmaepedrahtowdo”. with the hint: ”Up is down”. Decode itRead More »
- A man walks into a completely dark room. There is a box on a table at the other end of ...Read More »
- There is a certain crime, that if it is attempted, is punishable, but if it is committed, is not punishable. ...Read More »
- Champagne is the traditional toasting drink of New Year’s. Where is it made?Read More »
- There are three houses one is red one is blue band one is white. If the red house is to ...Read More »
- A prisoner is in jail. There are two doors, one leads to freedom one leads to death. There is a ...Read More »
- Three guests check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10. Later ...Read More »
- What two things can you never eat for breakfast?Read More »