One night, a man receives a call from the Police. The Police tell the man that his wife was murdered, and that he should reach the crime scene as soon as possible. The man drops the phone, shocked, and drives 20 minutes to the crime scene. As soon as he reaches the crime scene, the police arrest him for the murder.
How did the police know that he committed the crime?
Some added notes of mine to avoid this being too broad:
– The man is not covered in blood. There is no trace of his wife’s blood on him, his car, his possessions, etc.
– The man’s car is not dented from hitting his wife.
– There is no evidence of foul play on the man or his possessions.
– Aliens are not involved. Neither is an unlimited amount of rope, or other unconventional murder weapons.
-These are typical, just perhaps clever detectives. They have no extra-sensory abilities, super strength, mind-reading, gift of flight, x-ray vision, etc.
– The man didn’t say a word when he reached the crime scene. He also didn’t commit any crime on the way to or at the crime scene. The police moved in to arrest him the moment they spotted his car.