Arrest That Stranger ???
In a hotel, a man was sleeping when he heard a knock on the door. He shifted the blanket and stepped down from the bed. He walked to the door and opened it ; he found a stranger standing outside.
— Upon opening the gate, that stranger said, “Pardon me, I must have made a mistake. I thought this was my room.”
The stranger then walked the corridor and climbed down the stairs. The man closed the door and immediately called the security. He asked them to arrest that stranger immediately.
Why did he asked them to arrest that stranger?
What made him suspicious?
A possible reason is that the man staying in the room might have thought that the stranger was a burglar. Reason for the assumption: Had the stranger actually thought that it was his room, he could have used his key to open the door instead of knocking. This reason, even though apparently logical, is not satisfactory. This is because, just because the stranger knocked the door doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s an intruder. His justification is perfectly logical if he was staying in the hotel with a companion and he had gone out leaving his companion in the room. In that case, what he would have done upon return is to knock only, because he doesn’t have the key, and there is a person inside who can open the door for him.
More puzzles to try-
- Below are twelve 6-letter words. Each word is split in half to make 3-letter pairs, for example, DOMINO would be ...Read More »
- A man is doing some work on his home and goes to a hardware store. He goes up to the ...Read More »
- There are five people. One of them shot and killed one of the other five. Which man is the murderer? ...Read More »
- what would you do if i elope your sister?Read More »
- There was a theft on a snowy day, but everyone claimed that they were home one of them was lying. ...Read More »
- Below, you can see three complete equations and one incomplete. Based on the three complete ones, can you complete the ...Read More »
- A stark raving mad king tells his 100 wisest men he is about to line them up and that he ...Read More »
- In the addition below, all digits have been replaced by letters. Equal letters represent equal digits and different letters represent ...Read More »
- Assume there are approximately 5,000,000,000 (5 billion) people on Earth living presently. What would you estimate to be the result, ...Read More »
- While driving his car a man slams on the brakes when he sees, in the middle of the street, A ...Read More »
- The king of Octopuses has servants who have six, seven or eight legs. The distinguishing characteristics of the servants is ...Read More »
- I am the black child of a white father, a wingless bird, flying even to the clouds of heaven. I ...Read More »
- One day Alice meets the Lion and the Unicorn in the Forest of Forgetfulness. She knows that the Lion lies ...Read More »
- A king finds a woman he wants to marry but she refuses. But since he is the king, she has ...Read More »
- A Man gave one of his son 10 cents and another son was given 15 cents. What time is it? ...Read More »
- whats is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 Cat , 1/2 Goat..?Read More »
- I am a 5 letter word If you remove my 1 letter I will be a country If you remove ...Read More »
- A man gets an egg and a rocket kit. The man builds the rocket and puts the egg inside it. ...Read More »
- A wealthy old man wished to leave his fortune to one of his three children before his death. The old ...Read More »
- What broken thing causes a crash without falling?Read More »