Medicine Distribution Riddle
A man has three sick children. he has a 24-ounce bottle of medicine and needs to give each child eight ounces of the medicine. he is unable to get to the store and has only three clean containers, which measure 5, 11 and 13 ounces. The electricity is out and he has no way of heating water to wash the containers and doesn’t want to spread germs. How can he divide the medicine to give each child an equal portion without having any two children drink from the same container?
Fill 13 one take 11 ounces from it(2 left).
Now take 5 ounces from 11 ounce – 6 ounces will be left put 2 ounces from 13 ounces container feed him then. – We get 8 ounces in 13 ounces container
Fill 13ounce from 5 ounces and fill it more from the bottle and then take 5 ounces from it left 8 ounces feed him.
Rest feed the remaining 8 ounces from the bottle and 5 ounces.
All three dealt with
Fill the 13 oz bottle, from it fill the 5 oz bottle and pour the remaining 8 oz from the 13 oz bottle into the 11 oz bottle. Return the 5 oz from the 5 oz bottle to the medicine bottle and fill the 13 oz bottle again. Once you have, again, poured 5 oz from the 13 oz bottle into the 5 oz bottle and have restored it again to the medicine bottle you have an 8 oz servings in each of the medicine bottle, the 11 oz bottle and the 13 oz bottle.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »