School Teacher riddle
Mr. Dutch, Mr. English, Mr. Painter, and Mr. Writer are all teachers at the same school. Each teacher teaches two different subjects. Furthermore:
three teachers teach Dutch language;
there is only one maths teacher;
there are two teachers for chemistry;
two teachers, Simon and Mr. English, teach history;
Peter does not teach Dutch language;
Steven is chemistry teacher;
Mr. Dutch does not teach any course that is taught by Karl or Mr. Painter.
What is the full name of each teacher and which two subjects does each one teach?
There are 3 Dutch teachers but Peter isn’t one of them.
So Karl, Simon and Steven teach Dutch.
Mr. Dutch doesn’t teach Dutch because Karl does.
So Peter is Mr. Dutch.
Mr. English teaches history and his name isn’t Simon.
Steven teaches Dutch and chemistry so he isn’t Mr. English.
The only one left is Karl, so Karl is Mr. English and he teaches Dutch and history.
Which means that Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry.
Mr. Painter doesn’t teach maths or chemistry (Mr. Dutch) so he can’t be Steven and must be Simon.
Which leaves Steven to be Mr. Writer.
Simon Painter teaches Dutch and history
Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry
Steven Writer teaches Dutch and chemistry
Karl English teaches Dutch and history
More puzzles to try-
- In a five star hotel, a man was sleeping when he heard a knock on the door. He shifted the ...Read More »
- 5 25 29 85 89 ?Read More »
- Côme, Pat, Richelle and Ron go on a wine tour. They visit Château des Charmes, Thirty Bench, Pilleteri and Cave ...Read More »
- What is a snake’s favorite subject in school?Read More »
- Which would you say is heavier, a pound of cotton or a pound of gold?Read More »
- There is a brick of gold and a brick of iron in a boat (both 10 inch blocks), if they ...Read More »
- What does this mean? Nia g r aRead More »
- What do you see in the given picture?Read More »
- Jacob has 25 dollars, he spends 20 dollars on a Coke. What does he have?Read More »
- What has a single eye but cannot see?Read More »
- You are a contestant on the Jacob game show. Three closed doors are shown before you. Behind one of these ...Read More »
- If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build ...Read More »
- Which statement is true out of the following? One statement here is false. Two statements here are false. Three statements ...Read More »
- Jacob forced John and James to play the game of death. Jacob placed 11 marbles at the table and asked ...Read More »
- Calculate below as fast as you can, using only mental arithmetic (Without pen, paper, or a calculator!). Take 1000 and ...Read More »
- Can you find a word that means perimeter and by adding a letter “A”, another word is formed that means ...Read More »
- Round 1- PuzzleFry Each of the clues below refers to a five-letter word that contains either ‘HI’ or ‘LO’ within ...Read More »
- The Bootstrap Paradox is a paradox of time travel that questions how something that is taken from the future and ...Read More »
- I left my campsite and hiked south for 3 miles. Turned east and hiked for 3 miles. Then turned north ...Read More »
- You’re in a mansion and the power’s out. You see a green door and a red door. Pick one (it ...Read More »