School Teacher riddle
Mr. Dutch, Mr. English, Mr. Painter, and Mr. Writer are all teachers at the same school. Each teacher teaches two different subjects. Furthermore:
three teachers teach Dutch language;
there is only one maths teacher;
there are two teachers for chemistry;
two teachers, Simon and Mr. English, teach history;
Peter does not teach Dutch language;
Steven is chemistry teacher;
Mr. Dutch does not teach any course that is taught by Karl or Mr. Painter.
What is the full name of each teacher and which two subjects does each one teach?
There are 3 Dutch teachers but Peter isn’t one of them.
So Karl, Simon and Steven teach Dutch.
Mr. Dutch doesn’t teach Dutch because Karl does.
So Peter is Mr. Dutch.
Mr. English teaches history and his name isn’t Simon.
Steven teaches Dutch and chemistry so he isn’t Mr. English.
The only one left is Karl, so Karl is Mr. English and he teaches Dutch and history.
Which means that Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry.
Mr. Painter doesn’t teach maths or chemistry (Mr. Dutch) so he can’t be Steven and must be Simon.
Which leaves Steven to be Mr. Writer.
Simon Painter teaches Dutch and history
Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry
Steven Writer teaches Dutch and chemistry
Karl English teaches Dutch and history
More puzzles to try-
- In a room sit three great men, a king, a priest, and a rich man with his gold. Between them ...Read More »
- You are riding a horse. In front of you, there is a fire engine. A helicopter is following you. To ...Read More »
- Draw four rectangles on a piece of paper. Put nine x’s in the four rectangles so that there is an ...Read More »
- There was a man who was born before his father, killed his mother, and married his sister. Yet there was ...Read More »
- Each of the following phrases below describes the name of a popular game. The dashes on the left side of ...Read More »
- I build bridges of silver and crowns of gold.Who am I?Read More »
- How do you know carrots are good for your eyes?Read More »
- Mrs. Benette was a school teacher who noticed that she took the same time to go to school in the ...Read More »
- If, Even numbers are Red and odd numbers are Black… …what colour is Black + Black?Read More »
- what would you do if i elope your sister?Read More »
- There is a tree 20 feet high, with a circumference of 3 feet. A vine starts at the base of ...Read More »
- A detective who was mere days away from cracking an international oil smuggling ring has suddenly gone missing. While inspecting ...Read More »
- Jacob has three boxes with fruits in his barn: one box with apples, one box with pears, and one box ...Read More »
- A student zips on his scooter to ride to the train station to get to college. His home is close ...Read More »
- Richard is a strange liar. He lies on six days of the week, but on the seventh day, he always ...Read More »
- Five friends with surname Batliwala, Pocketwala, Talawala, Chunawala and Natakwala have their first name and middle name as follow- 1. Four ...Read More »
- You have a 3 gallon jug and a 5 gallon jug. You need to measure out exactly 7 gallons of ...Read More »
- It takes 10 minutes to fry one steak – 5 minutes from each side. Two steaks can fit on a ...Read More »
- Use the digits below once each only to compose two fractions which when added together equal 1. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9Read More »