School Teacher riddle
Mr. Dutch, Mr. English, Mr. Painter, and Mr. Writer are all teachers at the same school. Each teacher teaches two different subjects. Furthermore:
three teachers teach Dutch language;
there is only one maths teacher;
there are two teachers for chemistry;
two teachers, Simon and Mr. English, teach history;
Peter does not teach Dutch language;
Steven is chemistry teacher;
Mr. Dutch does not teach any course that is taught by Karl or Mr. Painter.
What is the full name of each teacher and which two subjects does each one teach?
There are 3 Dutch teachers but Peter isn’t one of them.
So Karl, Simon and Steven teach Dutch.
Mr. Dutch doesn’t teach Dutch because Karl does.
So Peter is Mr. Dutch.
Mr. English teaches history and his name isn’t Simon.
Steven teaches Dutch and chemistry so he isn’t Mr. English.
The only one left is Karl, so Karl is Mr. English and he teaches Dutch and history.
Which means that Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry.
Mr. Painter doesn’t teach maths or chemistry (Mr. Dutch) so he can’t be Steven and must be Simon.
Which leaves Steven to be Mr. Writer.
Simon Painter teaches Dutch and history
Peter Dutch teaches maths and chemistry
Steven Writer teaches Dutch and chemistry
Karl English teaches Dutch and history
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »