Pizza Cost Math Brain Teaser
Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out that Jasmine and Thibault were hungrier than Noah. They both ate 6 slices a piece, and Noah got to eat just 2 slices.
Now they want to do a fair split of money. The problem is that none of them have coins with them. Thus, they want to round off the cost to nearest dollar.
What will be the correct way to do it?
What if the pizza’s cost was $11?
Without any approximation, the results turn out to be:
Noah ~ 1.5
Now, considering that Jasmine and Thibault had equal slices, they must pay equal. Thus they are rounded off to 5 and Noah pays 1. This makes sense also because the decimal value of Noah is least so he should be the one to pay lower value of the rounded numbers.
As Thibault & Jasmine ate equal quantity, they should pay the same amount. But since that’s not possible, they can decide with fair coin toss to decide who will pay the extra dollar. Now, let’s assume that Thibault pays $1 extra after losing
Thibault will pay $5, Jasmine will pay $4 and Noah will pay $2.
As given, the pizza’s cost is $11.
We can simply keep the same offset and divide. Thibault is paying 6% more, Jasmine is paying 15% more and Noah is paying 27% more.
Keeping the offset same both Thibault & Jasmine will pay $5 each and Noah will pay $1
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »