GREAT STRATEGY CAN ONLY SAVE LIFE
Three cannibals and three anthropologists have to cross a river.
The boat they have is only big enough for two people. The cannibals will do as requested, even if they are on the other side of the river, with one exception. If at any point in time there are more cannibals on one side of the river than anthropologists, the cannibals will eat them.
What plan can the anthropologists use for crossing the river so they don’t get eaten?
Note: One anthropologist can not control two cannibals on land, nor can one anthropologist on land control two cannibals on the boat if they are all on the same side of the river. This means an anthropologist will not survive being rowed across the river by a cannibal if there is one cannibal on the other side.
First, two cannibals go across to the other side of the river, then the rower gets called back. Next, the rowing cannibal takes the second across and then gets called back, so now there are two cannibals on the far side.
Two anthropologists go over, then one anthropologist accompanies one cannibal back, so now there is one anthropologist and one cannibal on the far side.
The last two anthropologists go over to the far side, so now all the anthropologists are across the other side, along with the boat and one cannibal.
In two trips, the cannibal on the far side takes the boat and ferries the other two cannibals across the river.
More puzzles to try-
- A man and his boss have the same parents, but are not siblings. How is this possible?Read More »
- There is an equilateral triangle and three bugs are sitting on the three corners of the triangle. Each of the ...Read More »
- How can a man go eight days without sleep?Read More »
- Let us say that a table tennis tournament was going on with knock out terms which means the one who ...Read More »
- A girl rode into a tourist spot out of the city on Thursday. She loved the place and decided to ...Read More »
- A toy car sells for Rs. 550 when sold along with the remote. If the cost of the Car separately ...Read More »
- Akbar summoned Birbal out of anger. He told him that he will have to face death. He asked him to ...Read More »
- You have to put a letter on the following to make it a meaningful word. The only challenge is that ...Read More »
- What is written in the picture?Read More »
- How can a leopard change its spots?Read More »
- While walking down the street I met a man. He tipped his hat and drew his cane and in this ...Read More »
- How can one talk without saying a single word?Read More »
- You have 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of ...Read More »
- Sonal had her birthday in the year 2000 she became 8 years old. But she was born in the year ...Read More »
- John has sons. His eldest son is four years older than his second son. The second son is four years ...Read More »
- Two Twins Jack and Jill were standing back to back and suddenly they started running in opposite direction for 4 ...Read More »
- How many birthdays does the average person have?Read More »
- Using six contiguous straight lines, connect all of the sixteen circles shown below Hint: Think of out the boxRead More »
- What is greater than God, more evil than the devil, the poor have it, the rich need it, and if ...Read More »
- A white rook and a black bishop of a standard chess set are randomly placed on a chessboard What is the probability ...Read More »