Lock & Key Riddle
You want to send a valuable object to a friend.
You have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object.
You each have several locks with keys, but not keys to each other’s locks.
The box has a locking ring which is large enough to have many locks attached.
You cannot send a key in an unlocked box, since it might be copied.
How do you do it?
Firstly, place one lock onto the box. Lock it and send the box to your companion. Inform them beforehand to place their own lock on the box and leave it locked. Then have them send the box back to you for you to unlock yours. Finally send them the box so they can simply unlock it and take out the valuable.
More puzzles to try-
- At a farm, you are asked to identify these common plants from their blooms:Read More »
- He tells you when to start, Or remind if you forget. He smash others to break them apart, But he ...Read More »
- Can you find out the next digit in the following series ? 0, 0, 1, 3, 2, 6, 3, 9, ...Read More »
- A young man walks through the forest. He comes to a bridge. In front of the bridge is a large ...Read More »
- What has to be broken before you can use it?Read More »
- A blind man named Grandpa has boarded a train to his home. He underwent a successful operation on his eyes ...Read More »
- Black within, red without, with four corners, round about. What is it?Read More »
- He has one colour, but not one size, Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies. Present in sun, but not ...Read More »
- Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you’re only allowed to ...Read More »
- Write a C function to count number of nodes in a given singly linked list. For example, the function should ...Read More »
- What room can no one enter?Read More »
- Fill in the next line: 9 7 5 9 4 9 6 3 4 5 3 6 1 8 2 ...Read More »
- The months of the calendar have been coded in the following ways: January = 1071 February = 682 March = ...Read More »
- Can you make 2 squares and 4 right angled triangles using only 8 straight lines?Read More »
- Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination ...Read More »
- You are a prisoner sentenced to death. The Emperor offers you a last chance to live by playing a simple ...Read More »
- My favourite food is one you throw out the outside and cook the inside. what food is it ?Read More »
- At some point during a baseball season, a player has a batting average of less than 80%. Later during the ...Read More »
- He left his room with two legs and return back with six legs, how it is ?Read More »
- A rich man died. In his will, he has divided his gold coins among his 5 sons, 5 daughters and ...Read More »