Lock & Key Riddle
You want to send a valuable object to a friend.
You have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object.
You each have several locks with keys, but not keys to each other’s locks.
The box has a locking ring which is large enough to have many locks attached.
You cannot send a key in an unlocked box, since it might be copied.
How do you do it?
Firstly, place one lock onto the box. Lock it and send the box to your companion. Inform them beforehand to place their own lock on the box and leave it locked. Then have them send the box back to you for you to unlock yours. Finally send them the box so they can simply unlock it and take out the valuable.
More puzzles to try-
- Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination ...Read More »
- During a recent census, a man told the census taker that he had three children. When asked their ages, he ...Read More »
- You have me today, Tomorrow you will have more; As your time passes, I am not easy to store; I ...Read More »
- Feed me and I live, give me drink and I die. What am I?Read More »
- if there are 1 son 1 father and 1 grandfather how many sons are thereRead More »
- What does this mean? Nia g r aRead More »
- What is it?Read More »
- One day three Greek philosophers settled under the shade of an olive tree, opened a bottle of Retsina, and began ...Read More »
- A woman shoots her husband, then holds him under water for five minutes. A little while later, they both go ...Read More »
- A farmer in Benezuela owns a beautiful Mango tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store ...Read More »
- Replace the # symbols with mathematical operations (add, less, multiply or divide) such that the following becomes correct: 9 # ...Read More »
- Imagine you’re holding a postcard in your hand, on one side of which is written, “The statement on the other ...Read More »
- We live in a large tower block, 10 floors high. My 5 year old son goes to school each day ...Read More »
- My name sounds like a bird Whole body is like tongue of a lizard Am different colors And I well ...Read More »
- What is represented by this BrainBat? HOT HOT HANDLE HANDLERead More »
- This object is called a blivet. How many prongs does it have?Read More »
- All the rivers are magical, moment a worshiper crosses a river with any number of flowers, it becomes double. (For ...Read More »
- On the game of Poker, two people play as follows: Player 1 takes any 5 cards of his choice from ...Read More »
- What goes up and doesn’t come back down?Read More »