Lock & Key Riddle
You want to send a valuable object to a friend.
You have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object.
You each have several locks with keys, but not keys to each other’s locks.
The box has a locking ring which is large enough to have many locks attached.
You cannot send a key in an unlocked box, since it might be copied.
How do you do it?
Firstly, place one lock onto the box. Lock it and send the box to your companion. Inform them beforehand to place their own lock on the box and leave it locked. Then have them send the box back to you for you to unlock yours. Finally send them the box so they can simply unlock it and take out the valuable.
More puzzles to try-
- Complete the series 11,15,19,18,26,21,32, 24,37,____Read More »
- You are hanging around in NYC when a person approaches you. “Leaving the bald people aside, I can bet a ...Read More »
- Adam and his wife were living in a rural place. On a certain day, Adam wife fell ill and he ...Read More »
- What when read from right to left is a servant but when read from left to right is a ruler?Read More »
- Say you have some bendable wires (any number, any length). What is the minimum number of solder connections needed to ...Read More »
- Can you figure out the logic I used to decide the order of the following words: gun, shoe, spree, door, ...Read More »
- There are 25 horses among which you need to find out the fastest 3 horses. You can conduct race among ...Read More »
- The Smith family is a very wealthy family that lives in a big, circular home. One morning, Mr. Smith woke ...Read More »
- There are 9 team participating in ICC Cricket World Cup, every team will play two matches with every other team. ...Read More »
- Can you Decrypt the name of a software company in this picture? Only If you decrypted the name correctly within ...Read More »
- Five pieces of coal, a carrot and a scarf are lying on the lawn. Nobody put them on the lawn ...Read More »
- A bank is getting robbed and one of the robbers tells one of the tellers to give him all of ...Read More »
- Which letter of the alphabet has the most water?Read More »
- A rubber band (well, a rubber string, really) is 10 meters long. There’s a worm that starts at one end ...Read More »
- A Bear has fallen from a height of 10m from ground and reached the ground in sqrt(2) seconds. Luckily it ...Read More »
- ABCD × E = DCBA (Replace letters with digits and have the sum be true. A,B,C,D and E are all ...Read More »
- Would you believe that the colors of squares A and B are the same? They are!Use your fingers or a ...Read More »
- A man is doing some work on his home and goes to a hardware store. He goes up to the ...Read More »
- The 10″ pizza sells for $ 5.99 at my domino’s pizza. Domino’s claims they have a great deal on the ...Read More »
- An engineer in a car manufacturing company designs a world class car. The owner is impressed with the outcome and ...Read More »