Prescribed medicine puzzle
A person was prescribed to take two pills (tablets), one each, from the two bottles viz. Bottle A and Bottle B, daily. The tablets are exactly look alike.
The medicines have to be taken exactly one tablet from each bottle, neither less nor more, else the medicines will not be effective.
One fine day, the patient popped out one tablet from Bottle A, but while taking the tablet from bottle B, by mistake, two tablets spilled over. Now he has three tablets in his hand, and he can’t put back the extra tablet to Bottle B as all the tablets are identical in looks.
He has to ensure that he takes exactly one tablet from each of the bottles and at the same time he must avoid any wastage of the medicine. What He will do?
He takes another pill A.
He now have 2 pills A and 2 pills B in his hand.
He split all pills in half and places them on two seperate piles
Both piles contain 2 halves of pill A and 2 halves of pill B.
When he takes one pile today and the other pile tomorrow he will have the right amout of pill A and B on both days without spilling anything.
If you make half each pills , it wont resolve the problem.. still we dont know which one is A and which is B..
Only solution is ..
Take another from A .. so now you have 2 A and 2 B pills..
Make powder , divide into 2 parts… take one part each day for 2 days …
After taking one tablet from bottle A he would have seen it popping out to his hand and then from bottle B,by mistake two tablets are spilled over.. But he would be mindful of the fact that medicine from bottle A is at a particular place on his palm and could locate the extra tablet that has fallen on his palm and put back the extra one into bottle B
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »