Treasure in gold and silver pot puzzle
There is a silver pot and a golden pot. One of these pots contains a treasure and the other one is empty.
Both of them have a label containing hints. Assume that you can determine from the labels which pot contains the treasure.
The labels on the pots are the following:
The silver pot: “This pot is empty.”
The golden pot: “Exactly one of these texts is true.”
Answer – The Silver Pot contains the treasure
(S) The silver pot: “This pot is empty.”
(G) The golden pot: “Exactly one of these texts is true.”
Premise: Let S be TRUE:
Assumption 1: ‘G’ is also true
This will contradict itself, because , as per the statement, only one of S / G can be true AND S is already true, which implies that G must be false, contradicting the assumption.
Assumption 2: G is False
Then either BOTH S and G should be TRUE OR both should be false. But since our premise is that S is true, this means G also must be true, again contradicting the assumption.
Thus, both the scenarios end up self-contradictory, which, in turn, implies that our premise must be wrong. So, ‘S’ must be false.
Then, G can be true, because only one statement (G) is true.
Hence the result: The label on silver pot is wrong => It is NOT empty => contains the treasure.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »