Which colour is the last ball
There is a bag with 20 black and 13 red balls. Your task is to pick two balls in succession. If the balls are the same colour then you remove them and replace them with a black ball. If the balls are of different colour then you remove them and replace them with a red ball. What is the colour of the last ball ?
There are three options when picking balls.
1) You pick 2 black balls. You remove them and replace them with one black ball. The total amount of black balls will decrease by 1 and the number of red balls stay the same.
2) You pick 2 red balls. You remove them and replace them with one black ball. The total amount of black balls will increase by 1 and the number of red balls will decrease by 2.
3) You pick a black and a red ball. You remove them and replace them with one red ball. The total amount of black balls will decrease by 1 and the number of red balls stay the same.
The number of red balls will always decrease by an even number (0 or 2).
The starting number of red balls is odd (13) and it will stay odd when you decrease it by an even number. So the number of red balls will never be 0.
The last ball will always be red.
More puzzles to try-
- A man lives on the fifteenth floor of an apartment building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the ...Read More »
- There is a puzzle which can be asked all day with a different correct answer each time. What is the ...Read More »
- I traveled from London to Glasgow last week at 60 miles per hour, I had filled my petrol tank just ...Read More »
- A thief enters a shop and threatens the clerk, forcing him to open the safe. The clerk says, “The code ...Read More »
- A friend of mine in Bangalore owns a horse-driven carriage. It was found that the fore wheels of the carriage ...Read More »
- Use four 9 in a maths equation that equals to 100?Read More »
- Divide 30 by 1/2 and add ten. What is the answer?Read More »
- A team of three people decide on a strategy for playing the following game. Each player walks into a room. ...Read More »
- This is the most commonly asked interview puzzle. You have 3 jars that are all mislabeled. One jar contains Apple, ...Read More »
- Move just One matchstick to fix the equation. This math question seems simple, however, there are multiple solutions. Read More »
- A football team won 10 out of the total number of matches they played. If their win percentage was 40, ...Read More »
- There is a pole in a lake. One half of the pole is in the ground, another one third is ...Read More »
- A jungle is 4 miles wide. A blind boy wants to see how far he can walk into the jungle. ...Read More »
- Do you see two faces or a vase? opRead More »
- Mary has 4 sisters….. Perry, Berry,Terry guess the fourth sisters name? HINT: Its rhythmic with Perry, Berry, TerryRead More »
- ohn has three daughters who are all unmarried. The youngest always lies, the oldest always tells the truth, and the ...Read More »
- One girl was going to the college, one boy asked her name She replied: “20year6month” Can you guess her name…?Read More »
- A cowboy was going to london on his horse. it took 2 days to get there,he stayed for a day ...Read More »
- Can you find a word that means perimeter and by adding a letter “A”, another word is formed that means ...Read More »
- Imagine you are in a sinking rowboat surrounded by sharks. How would you survive?Read More »