Which clock works best?
The one that does not work because it shows the correct time atleast twice a day!
A clock that runs one minute slow, would give the correct time once in 720 (12*60) days.
In a day the probability of it being correct is 1/ 3600,
therefore, the clock will be correct once in [12*3600/60] days.
The clock that is calculably slow is as good as a perfect one. You only need to know the date that it was set to the correct time. From that you can deduce the current correct time.
The clock that is broken has no value. True, it is correct twice a day, but we have no idea what those times are. Useless.
More puzzles to try-
- A jar contains one hundred marbles, each of which may be white or black. You pull out 100 marbles with ...Read More »
- how many triangles do you see in the hexagon below ?Read More »
- Which one doesn\’t belong in the below group: Pear, Apple, Banana, Grape, Cherry.Read More »
- A tomato vine is 3 meters long. The bottom foot of the vine doesn’t grow any tomatoes but the rest ...Read More »
- Whats the next number in the below number sequence pattern.Read More »
- Decode the encrypted message below to form an English Phrase below : 1001110000010000100101110110000011001001011100100110011010000010100100Read More »
- My first is in camel and in hamster. My second is in otter but not in ferret. My third is ...Read More »
- Guess whats the wordRead More »
- If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other ...Read More »
- It’s possible that you will figure out the solution of this puzzle before you even finish reading it but on ...Read More »
- What do you call it when your parachute doesn\’t open?Read More »
- A building has 16 rooms, arranged in a 4×4 grid. There is a door between every pair of adjacent rooms ...Read More »
- You can see three almost identical images below. Can you spot the odd one out from them?Read More »
- A very famous chemist was found murdered in his kitchen today. The police have narrowed it down to six suspects. ...Read More »
- What number comes next in the series? 5 15 5 18 5 24 14 20 _Read More »
- What does this rebus picture mean?Read More »
- In the picture, you can see a pyramid that is made of ten coins. By moving only 3 coins, can ...Read More »
- Mom is 21 years older than her son. In 6 years she will be 5 times older than her son. ...Read More »
- What famous saying does this rebus mean? COME SERVED <— COME SERVED COME SERVED COME SERVED COME SERVEDRead More »
- MrBrown is a witty trader who trade of a mystical fruit grown far in north. He travels from one place ...Read More »