A Flock of Martians
Four Martians from different groups, the Uti,
Grundi, Yomi and Rafi, gathered for an intraplanetary
conference to discuss the problem of the visiting Earthlings.
As was appropriate for diplomatic envoys, all
were beautifully feathered in different colors, one red,
one green, one blue and the fourth brown. Their names
were Aken, Bal, Mun and Wora.
1. Before the meeting, the Uti had a pleasant breakfast
2. After debating with the Martians in the blue and
the brown feathers, Bal and the Yomi were so angry
that they tore a wingful of feathers out of them
before they were stopped.
3. Wora and the Rafi, however, agreed with the diplomat
with brown feathers, though they disagreed
with the red-feathered Grundi.
Who is the blue-feathered diplomat and to what
group does he or she belong?
4 Colors (Blue, Brown, Green, Red)
4 Martians: (Aken, Bal, Mun, Wora)
4 Groups: (Uti, Grundi, Yomi, Rafi)
1) Gurundi is Red
2) We know from the evidence that Wora is not Green, Wora is not in the Rafi, Mun is not in the Uti, and Bal is not in the Yomi.
3) The Yomi can’t be blue or brown (the argument), and can’t begreen, therefore Yomi = Green.
4) Bal isn’t Blue or Brown (the argument) and therefore can’t be in the Uti or Rafi (because Uti is blue or brown and Rafi is b lue or brown) and must be a red gurundi.
5) the Rafi and Brown agreed, thus the Rafi must be blue, the Uti must be brown.
6) Wora was caught agreeing with brown (whom Yomi disagreed with), therefore Wora is Blue.
Wora from Rafi has the blue feather.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- There is a building of 100 floors -If an egg drops from the Nth floor or above it will break. ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »