Annual trek up on a mountain puzzle
Every Year, five couples make their annual trek up a mountain and have a picnic lunch together at the top. Each couple consists of one man (Craig, Bob, Harold, Larry, or Pete) and one woman (Eileen, Phyllis, Victoria, Sally, or Lisa) Each couple brought one item to share (potato salad, hamburgers, pasta salad, dinner rolls, or hot dogs). Using the clues, determine who is a couple and who brought what item.
1. Phyllis and her husband brought the hamburgers
2. Harold and his wife are vegetarians
3. Craig asked Victoria for her pasta salad recipe
4. Both Harold and Craig were guests at Eileen’s wedding
5. Bob and Lisa have been happily married for 25 years
6. Larry and his wife brought the rolls
7. Sally brought hot dogs
8. Phyllis and her husband were guests at Craig’s wedding
Firstly go by women:
All the ladies has been mentioned except one – Eileen. So Eileen will be paired with Larry.
Then by food bought by the couples:
All the item has been mentioned except Potato salad. And also for Bob and Lisa- item has not been mentioned and so Potato salad will be for this couple.
Note: Bob and lisa are stated as couple in the question itself.
And coming to Harold couple – they are veg. Among the veg items pasta salad is one and only veg item left out . Hence Harold and Victoria will be the pair.
Note: Bob and Lisa has been matched with Potato salad and also Larry and Eileen has been with Dinner rolls and so the ramaining veg item is Pasta salad.
Lastly by couple:
Only two couples are left. Phyllis and her husband has attended Craig’s wedding and so she will not be the pair of Craig and so to be the paired with Pete. And lastly Craig is the remaining one to be paired with Sally who bought Hot dogs The above answer will be understood by this tabular form
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »