Fighting Mother-in-law riddle
Man comes home and what does he see? Mother-in-law came over.
I don’t know how but they started a fight. About what is not important at all.
Mother-in-law: You just lie all the time.
Man: No way…
Mother-in-law: You don’t tell a sentence without lying!
Man: Don’t be ridiculous!
Mother-in-law: Let’s try it: tell me one true sentence.
Man: Ok but you will get out after.
Mother-in-law: If you tell me true sentence I’ll go but if you will lie again I will stay. I promise I will!
Man thought for a while and than told her one sentence. Mother-in-law suddenly realized that to keep her promise she has to hang herself.
What did the man tell her?
Yet another version of the ‘hang me – shoot me’ paradox puzzle. Just tell that the person would do what (s)he had promised to do if the statement is wrong. Then, if the statement is deemed true, the person will have to do the opposite, which, in turn, would make the sentence false, thus landing him / her in paradox.
More puzzles to try-
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all? ...Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2 RelatedRead More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »
- 100 persons are standing in line, each facing the same way. Each person is wearing a hat, either red or ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question mark RelatedRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »