Find the Culprit
All his relatives and friends know John’s Debit Card PIN. Today John makes a profit of INR 10,000. So he decided to have a party and he invited his 3 friends: Katrina, Cook, and Anderson.
He was in a hurry to reach the home as soon as possible. Coming back to the home he stopped to buy some snacks. While taking out his wallet from his right pocket, by mistake he dropped some money on the ground and didn’t notice that. And this type of incident mostly happens.
His friends arrived, and they started playing Ludo on a square shape wooden table as Katrina in his left, Cook in the front and Anderson in the right of the Ludo board.
They put a bet on the winner and in the end, John loses the bet and he gave money to the winner. One of his friends is getting through economically tough conditions so he decided to steal from John’s wallet.
The next day, John noticed that his debit card and some money were missing so he complained to the police station. Police investigated they found last transactions done by his debit card on an ATM booth. In CCTV footage police noticed that the culprit was wearing a mask. So the police were not able to recognise the culprit. Who is the culprit?
Anderson, it could be – that’s the only possible derivation based on info available.
It is mentioned that Jonh had kept his wallet in his right pocket. (“… taking out his wallet from his right pocket…”)
Given this information, it follows that it is easier for a person standing / sitting on his right side to flick the wallet from his pocket, compared to someone on the left / front /back etc. Later, while playing the board game, it was Anderson who sat on John’s right, If John hadn’t shifted his wallet from his right pocket to somewhere else after buying the snacks, it is Anderson who would be in the best position to take it.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »