I had to walk along a long street to reach the bridge from where i wanted to watch the sunrise.
On my way, i had to walk past lamp posts which were placed quite far apart.
If the lamp post is turned on, I said “one”.(out loud)
If the lamp post is turned off, I said “zero”.
As I walked, I said “1 1 1 1 1 1 0”
I reached the bridge just a few minutes late. I then returned disappointed, along the same long street.
What did I say on my way back?
On the return way you will say- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
You were going to watch sunrise but, on reaching 7th lamp post sun rised and hence lamp post got switched off.
Hence, you started returning and as sun is rised all lamp post must be turned off.
Hence you’ll say- 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
I. E. All Street light in switched off.
The question: “What did I say on my way back?”
Practically, you could have said anything you wanted to. May be, you could have said ‘I should have started a little earlier’ or ‘I should have walked a little faster’ (because the puzzle says you were ‘disappointed’ after going to watch sunrise, which indicates that sun had already risen by the time you reached the bridge) or you could have counted the lamp posts. Just because you followed a certain pattern walking one way, it is not necessary that you should follow the same pattern on the way back.
Well, if you were a robot (or something similar), programmed to say ‘1’ or ‘0’ whenever you pass a lamp post which is ‘On’ or ‘Off’ and your sensors, logic accessories etc, were working properly, you would have said ‘0000000’, unless, of course, one or more lamps were left ‘on’ due to whatsoever reason.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »