A man comes home from work and says “honey I m home” Puzzle
A man comes home from work and says “honey I m home”. The microwave is on, defrosting a chicken dinner. From the bedroom his wife shouts “Hi sweetie, could you have a look at the microwave and tell me how much time is left?”
He immediately runs out and calls the police, informing him that his wife is in danger? Why?
I think the husband and wife are on the phone talking and when the man walks in the door he is still on the phone to his wife. That’s why when he says “I’m home” without shouting out, she hears him from her bedroom. Then, when she shouts out to him instead of chatting on the phone, he knows something is wrong. He goes outside and “immediately” calls the cops because his phone is still in his hands.
Even though this question is marked “answered”, I would say that it is ‘faulty’ on TWO counts, especially looking at the accepted ‘best answer’.
1. The question says “From the bedroom his wife shouts “Hi sweetie, could you have a look at the microwave and tell me how much time is left?” and “He immediately runs out and calls the police“. It is nowhere stated that the husband actually looked at the microwave, whereas the “Best answer” assumes that he did and saw the time left is 9:11, prompting him to dial the Emergency. If it is acceptable to assume that the husband checked the microwave (even though the question doesn’t mention it), it must be equally acceptable to assume that the man is blind, as in dyj’s answer.
2. Further, if the wife was in the bedroom, how on earth could she know that the time left is EXACTLY 9 min 11 sec., not a second more and not a second less?
Considering all the possibilities, a feasible solution is that the wife was about to defrost the dinner but at the same time a few thieves broke in, falling short of ways to save herself she pressed 911 on the microwave timer (this can be safely assumed as it is nowhere mentioned that the food was actually being defrosted, only the microwave was on). She did this on purpose as she knew it was time for her husband to come. Now as the thieves heard the sound of the door opening they dragged her to the bedroom and told her to reply to his husband so that he doesn’t suspect that there’s someone else in their home, but little did they knew that she had already planted her message. Hence the husband called 911.
The man comes home and the first thing he hears is someone rummaging around in the kitchen—or maybe he sees a shadow being cast by a person in the kitchen. He assumes it’s his wife. His wife calls to him. He knows the person in the kitchen is not someone visiting his wife because she’d have called to them instead seeing as they’re actually in the kitchen. He knows she’s being held at the point of a weapon because if there are intruders and she weren’t being threatened she’d have warned him. He’s outgunned, and has no idea how many of them are in the house, so he runs before they know he’s wise to them and calls the cops. I think the reason she asked him to check the microwave is because she was being told to lure him into the kitchen.
The husband is blind ,So in normal condition wife will not ask him to look and tell how much time left in the microwave.But now wife asked him to do the same that means there is something unusual going on .So the husband understood that his wife is in some kind of danger.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »