Medicine Distribution Riddle
A man has three sick children. he has a 24-ounce bottle of medicine and needs to give each child eight ounces of the medicine. he is unable to get to the store and has only three clean containers, which measure 5, 11 and 13 ounces. The electricity is out and he has no way of heating water to wash the containers and doesn’t want to spread germs. How can he divide the medicine to give each child an equal portion without having any two children drink from the same container?
Fill 13 one take 11 ounces from it(2 left).
Now take 5 ounces from 11 ounce – 6 ounces will be left put 2 ounces from 13 ounces container feed him then. – We get 8 ounces in 13 ounces container
Fill 13ounce from 5 ounces and fill it more from the bottle and then take 5 ounces from it left 8 ounces feed him.
Rest feed the remaining 8 ounces from the bottle and 5 ounces.
All three dealt with
Fill the 13 oz bottle, from it fill the 5 oz bottle and pour the remaining 8 oz from the 13 oz bottle into the 11 oz bottle. Return the 5 oz from the 5 oz bottle to the medicine bottle and fill the 13 oz bottle again. Once you have, again, poured 5 oz from the 13 oz bottle into the 5 oz bottle and have restored it again to the medicine bottle you have an 8 oz servings in each of the medicine bottle, the 11 oz bottle and the 13 oz bottle.
More puzzles to try-
- Imagine you are swimming in the ocean and a bunch of hungry sharks surround you. How do you get out ...Read More »
- I do not have any special powers, but I can predict the score of any football game before it begins. ...Read More »
- In a zoo Peter was in charge of feeding all of the animals in the morning. He had a regular schedule ...Read More »
- A man sails off on a cruise between Mexico and the USA. He does not stop at any ports and ...Read More »
- You are driving a car from New York to Washington DC. Car no is DZ-2817. The distance is 226.0 miles. ...Read More »
- triangle pentagon square square hexagon hexagon square pentagon hexagon hexagon hexagon square triangle hexagon octagon octagon octagon octagon ==?==Read More »
- In your bedroom, you have a drawer with 2 red, 4 yellow, 6 purple, 8 brown, 10 white, 12 green, ...Read More »
Can you figure out in one scaling which bag contains lighter coins – which servant should be fired – using digital scales ?You have 10 bags of gold coins (you wish :)). One of your servants who were responsible for transport of ...Read More »
- Hint: Apply logicRead More »
- What do you call cheese that belongs to someone else?Read More »
- There are three boxes, one containing two black balls, another containing two white balls, and another containing one black and ...Read More »
- You buy it to eat, but you don’t eat it. What is it?Read More »
- How can you create 3 squares moving exactly 3 sticks?Read More »
- 5 13 10 16 20 19 40 ?Read More »
- The Greek philosopher Pythagoras described three as the perfect number – it has a beginning, a middle and en end. ...Read More »
- Mr. and Mrs. King had six daughters and each daughter had a brother, so how many people are in the ...Read More »
- Three ants are sitting at the three corners of an equilateral triangle. Each ant randomly picks a direction and starts ...Read More »
- Consider a two player coin game where each player gets turn one by one. There is a row of even ...Read More »
- There is a house. One enters it blind and leaves it seeing. What is it?Read More »
- A man got trapped with the terrorists, there were two papers, one said yes the other no. A man in ...Read More »