Murder or Suicide Puzzle
Jacob jumped off the top of building a suicide attempt not knowing that a safety net is already there near the 8th floor. However, he was interrupted by a bullet shot at the back of head fired near the 10th story window. Alexis falls on the safety net but was dead at the instance.
Normally, if a person intends to commit suicide and his actions cause his death, it is a suicide even if the death does not take place in the way the person expected.
But if it’s not the bullet Jacob must have survived.
Later on, investigating police found out that a man angrily fired at her wife in the 1oth floor flat. however, shot missed the wife and hit the Jacob.
Normally, when a person intends to kill one human being and by his action kills another human being accidentally, the charge is murder.
Later on the investigation, it was found out that gun was always unloaded and the man is just threatening his wife, Further investigation revealed that the shotgun had been loaded by the couple’s adult son, who was angry at his mother for cutting off monetary support. The son was hoping one day his father accidentally kill his mother
Normally, when a person plans something whose action kills another human being, the charge is murder.
Is this a murder or suicide and if murder who is guilty?
First of all, please fix the names on the Puzzle:
“Jacob jumped off the top” & “Alexis falls on the safety”. I don’t know if this is knowingly put there or just a simple mistake.
There are 2 victims and 2 perpetrators.
Victims: 1. Jacob (guy who DIED) 2. WIFE (who survived). So, only focus/importance lies with JACOb here.
Perpetrators; 1. The HUSBAND 2. The SON
Jacob dies bacause Husband fired the GUN. But, he thought the gun was unloaded. So, actual person responsible for Jacon’s dying is the SON.
However, in court, attornys need to prove that SON did this on purpose and husband didn’t know, it is the only way the SON would be convcted for Involuntry manslaughter.. BUT…BUT if they fail to prive this in court, they will have to charge the Husband with the murder.
How did I do?
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »