Walking on Globe Puzzle
The place would be southern Hemisphere. There is a ring near the South Pole with a circumference of one mile.Now if we are standing on one mile north of the ring at any point. Then let’s say if we walk on the southern direction and cover one mile, we will be standing on the ring. Traveling one mile east will bring us on the circumference of the ring. Walking one mile north from there, we will be standing on the exact point where we have started. Now if we start counting, we will understand that while we walk 1 mile north in the end, we can reach an infinite number of points.
In such a case, the total number of possible points possible are 1 + infinite.
Now let’s consider the ring that is half a mile in circumference near the South Pole. If we walk a mile along the ring, we would circle twice but will reach the point where we started from. In such a case if we start from the point that is located one mile north of a half mile ring, it will also help us reach the starting point after traveling as per asked.
Now with every possible integer N, there is a circle with radius R = 1 / 2 (2*pi*n); which is centered at the South Pole.
If we walk along these rings, we will be circling N times and again returning to the point where we started. We must note that the possible values for N are infinite. Also, we could have infinite ways of selecting a starting point which is located one mile north of the rings which means that there are (infinite * infinite) possible points.
Concluding with our statements, the possible number of points are equal to 1 + infinite * infinite which is equal to infinite.
Thus there are infinite points possible.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »