Who presents what riddle
Santa is getting ready – sorting presents, filling sacks and working out his route to make sure he can deliver all his wonderful presents. The trouble is, every year just before Christmas, the reindeer have nothing to do and mostly stand around getting rather bored. They are always asking if they can help but there’s nothing they can do until Santa’s ready to go.
This year, Santa is prepared for them and he’s set them a little challenge to help keep them busy. He’s given them the following problem:
Five children from five different families living in five different counties of England have asked for a different gift each. From the clues, the reindeer have to work out who’s who, where each child lives and what present each has asked for. The first reindeer to solve the problem gets an extra portion of Christmas pudding on Christmas Day!
1. Neither Cliff, nor Jennifer Feather (who does not live in Yorkshire), lives in Kent.
2. Young Crawford, who is neither Sarah nor Cliff, asked for the pony (a gift that Santa would have particular difficulty getting down the Crawford family’s chimney!).
3. Young Rowlands is neither the child who lives in Yorkshire nor the child who has asked for a bicycle.
4. The gift due for delivery to Cornwall, which is not for the child surnamed Rowlands, is a computer.
5. Liz, who has asked for the painting set, is not from Kent. Her surname is not Jamison.
6. The child who lives in Essex has asked for a guitar. Alan lives in Cumbria.
Children’s first names : Alan, Cliff, Jennifer, Liz, Sarah
Children’s last names : Crawford, Feather, Jamison, Northey, Rowlands
Counties : Cornwall, Cumbria, Essex, Kent, Yorkshire
Presents : Bicycle, Computer, Guitar, Painting Set, Pony
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »