Finding secret number puzzle
Here is how I did it:
The first digit = frequency of occurrence of the number 0
The Second digit = frequency of occurrence of the number 1(this was the tricky part)
The 10th digit = frequency of occurrence of the number 9.
I have written the digits in columns and started out with the number 0000000000 in step 1.
Step2: Since we have 10 zeroes, it means that the first digit of our number must be 10. But since 10 is not a digit, I will use 9. This also makes the number of zeroes in my number as 9.
Step3: Since the first digit is 9, it means that the 10th digit must be one (because it gives the frequency of 9 in our number.
Step4: But now we only have 8 zeroes in our number. So I will make the first digit as 8 and the 9th digit as 1.
Step5:Since my number has the digit 1, my second digit must be 1. But now I am left with only 7 zeroes.
Step6: I will make my first digit 7 (because after step5 I am left with only 7 zeroes). And since Step5 had 2 ones, I will make my second digit 2. OMG… but this now makes number of 1’s in my number 1 and not 2. This means that I f the digit 1 is there in any place other than second digit, I am bound to come across this problem. So let me keep the second digit 2 and try to introduce another ‘1’ in some place.
Step7: Since I have to introduce one more 1, it means that the number of zeroes in my number have come down to 6. So my first digit will be six, my second digit will be 2 and my 6th digit will be 1.
Step8: The digit ‘1’ seems to be in the wrong place in Step 6. There is no ‘7’ but there is a 2. Let me just shift this ‘1’ from digit 8 to digit 3.
And there it is…6210001000
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »