Martians don’t need to develop airplanes as a means
of moving through the air. Most feathered Martians can
fly easily. Every few lunars, feathered Martians from
the various groups participate in a tournament to determine
which are the best fliers of the planet.
This lunar, teams of two feathered Martians from
three groups are competing:
1. One team is from the Uti, one from the Grundi,
and one from the Yomi.
2. Each team is made up of one female and one male.
3. The female participants are Xera, Wora, and Teta.
4. The males are called Vel, Pyi, and Rir.
5. Despite her daring feats in the air, Teta had never
been away from home before the contest.
6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go
on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her
ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate
in the territory of the Grundi.
If the winners are members of the Uti group, what
are the names of the best fliers?
From: 6. Xera and Rir had never met before the tournament.
We know that these 2 are not from the same group.
From: 7. Xera will be visiting Pyi’s group when the Yomi go on a special excursion to that part of the planet.
We know that Xera is not part of the yomi, Pyi is.
From: 8. Pyi admires Teta’s colorful feathers, as well as her ability to soar, and once watched her and her teammate in the territory of the Grundi.
We know that Pyi is a yomi, so Teta cannot be. Teta is a Grundi bc she was in that territory and has never left home before now.
Xera and Rir in diff group
Xera is not yomi
Pyi is yomi
Teta is grundi
thus Xera = Uti, Wora = yomi, teta = grundi
because Xera is not yomi and teta is already the grundi, so xera must be uti.
Now Pyi = yomi, Rir = grundi, vel = uti
because rir cannot be in the same group as Xera, and Pyi has already been named the yomi. Thus, vel is the uti.
The names of the Uti and the winners are:
Xera and Vel.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- There is a building of 100 floors -If an egg drops from the Nth floor or above it will break. ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »