Marble weight riddle
There are 10 bags, filled with marbles. The number of marbles in each bag differs, but all bags contain ten marbles or more. Nine of the ten bags only contain marbles of 10 grams each. One bag only contains marbles of 9 grams. In addition, you have a balance which can weigh in grams accurate, and you are allowed to use it only once (i.e. weigh a single time).
How can you find out in one weighing, which bag contains the marbles of 9 grams?
First of all..
Let us assume that all 10 bags contain marbles weighing 10gms each..
so if you take 1 marble from the first bag
2 marbles from the second bag
3 marbles from the third bag
10 marbles from the tenth bag
The total weight when measured will be (10+20+30+40+…..100)= 550gms
one of the bag contains marbles which are 9gms each……
so in case if it was from the first bag ,when you weigh = ( 9+20+30+….100)=549gms
if it was from the second bag, (10+18+30+40+….100)=548gms
if it was from the third bag, (10+20+27+40+…..100)=547gms
similarly you can find which is the defective one by weighing only once.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Some numbers are very mysterious. They are all integers. They have more than one digit. If you multiply them with ...Read More »