Scoring maximum run in Cricket puzzle
Both batsman can score 100.
In case if batsman plays a ball and it hits the helmet of keeper/fielder’s when it is on the field but not being worn, batsman is awarded a 5 run penalty.
So lets say Sachin was on strike. He plays the ball and it hits the keeper/fielder’s helmet. In the same time they exchange the ends as well. Thus Sachin got his 6 runs and completed his 100.
Now Kohli is on strike and team still needs 1 run to win. Kohli hits next ball for 6. and completes his 100 as well.
Since 7 runs are required to win, the maximum runs that can be scored to win is 12. Max. scoring possibilities can be as follows:
- The batsman on strike hits 2 consecutive sixes. With the first one, he completes his century. With the next, match over and the striker has the maximum possible individual score of 106, leaving the non-striker on 94 itself.
- The striker scores 3 off the first ball, giving strike to the non-striker. He, in turn, returns the favour by scoring another 3 off the next ball and bringing the other batsman back on strike. With scores level, the striker hits a six off the last ball, taking his tally to 103 and the other non-striker remains on 97.
- The striker hits a four off the first ball and takes a single off the next, taking his score to 99 and bringing the other batsman on strike. The new striker scores a six off the last ball, reaching his century, and winning the match for the team. Thus, both batsmen get the maximum possible runs for themselves, but the maximum possible total runs is not reached.
(Assumed that the bowler bowls no no-balls / wides in between.)
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »
- If u r genius solve it:- 40 * 14 = 11 30 * 13 = 12 20 * 12 = ...Read More »
- When do we call “10” while looking at number “2”?Read More »