Airplane Collision Interview Puzzle
Tricky question, be attentive-
There are four airplanes flying in four different directions. Each of the plane navigates a straight line at a constant speed. Please keep in mind that none of the two planes are flying parallel with each other. They began flying at the same time long time ago. Sometimes, even a collision takes place but the strong build, makes the planes continue with the journey. But even the sturdy built can only survive two collisions and after that the plane will crash.
Out of the six possible collisions, five have already taken place (do note that the collisions did not involve more than two planes at one time). Two planes have already crashed. What will be the fate of the remaining two planes?
Suppose that –
z axis denotes the time and
x and y axis denote the 2D planet.
The four trajectories in that case are straight lines. Since no collisions involved more than two air planes, the four lines must be lying in the same plane. Now its like the other two planes will collide as well.
But the fact that they might have collided in the negative time.
Thus you can’t be sure with the provided facts if the two remaining planes will collide or not.
There can be both possibilities.
——> The first assumption depicts that the four air planes fly in a manner that there is no collision between the planes.
——> However in the second diagram, the four airplanes fly in a manner that there is collision between them.
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- Paul, Sam and Dean are assigned the task of figuring out two numbers. They get the following information: Both numbers ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- Jasmine, Thibault, and Noah were having a night out and decided to order a pizza for $10. It turned out ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- Richie established a very strange number system. According to her claim for different combination of 0 and 2 you will ...Read More »
- The result of math class test came out. Fariha’s mark was an even number. Srabon got a prime!! Nabila got ...Read More »
- Robi is a very serious student. On the first day of this year his seriousness for study was 1 hour. ...Read More »
- Ragib: I got digits of a 2 digit number Sakib: Is it an odd? Ragib: Yes. Moreover, the sum of ...Read More »