Nabila is smart! Nafiza smarter!!
Nafiza is a very funny girl!
She plays with numbers.
All her numbers are rational.
And she writes the numbers by p/q style.
Here both p and q are digits!!
Now her friend Nabila turns all the numbers written in p/q style into points.
Nabila writes them in the following way:
Here it’s ensured that before points there must be a zero. A,B,C,D,E and F are zero/nonzero digits!!
Now Nabila defines a function MULTmin , and declares MULTmin=A*B*C*D*E*F
And she finds all the MULTmin value of Nafiza’s numbers.
Then she tells one of her MULTmin value.
Hearing the value Nafiza understands what is the rational number chosen by Nabila.
HOW ? Find the way!
q can be 1 to 9
if q is 2,4,5,8, mult mn is zero as in those cases some of A,B,C,D,E,F, WILL BE ZERO.
IF Q IS 7 P IS LESS THEN 7 AND ANY NUMBER MULTIPLIED BY 142857 (1/7=0.142857) LESS THEN 7 HAVE SAME DIGITS.SO MULTI MIN FOR ALL 1/7 TO 6/7 WILL BE SAME (CYCLIC NUMBER).IF Q IS 9 THEN IT IS ALL ABOUT SIXTH ROOT AS 2/9 =0.222222…..
SIMILARLY FOR OTHERS.
IF Q IS 3 THEN IT CAN BE REPRESENTED IN 9 CASE AS 2/3=6/9 1/3=3/9
IF Q IS 6 THEN 2/6 IS SAME AS 1/3, 4,6 AS 2/3 3/6 AS 1/2 ONLY 5/6 IS .833333
SO THE MULTIMINN NABILA REFEREED WAS 8 *3*3*3*3*3 AS IT IS THE ONLY ONE BY WHICH WE CAN DIRECTLY IDENTIFY THE NUMBER
I FORGOT ABOUT 1/6 AND 1/9 IF MULTIMIN IS 1 THEN NUMBER WILL BE 1/9
AND IF IT IS 6^5 THEN IT IS 1/6 AS IT IS 0.166666
SO SHE WILL SEE IF MULTIMINN IS NOT SIXTH POWER OR FIFTH POWER OF A DIGIT THEN NUMBER WILL BE 5/6
OTHERWISE THOSE UNIQUE CASES ARE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED
To write a fraction in the form p/q= 0.abcde. that is to ensure there is a zero before decimal q must be greater than p that is q>p.Now it we choose highest digit for q that is 9 then any number written in the form p/q or p/9 where p=1,2,…9 when converted to fraction attain the form p/9=0.ppppppp…
that is 1/9=0.11111
now after hearing the MultMIn value Nabila only need to find its fifth root to find the number.And to find the fifth root she only need to tell the last digit of the MultMin value .Because for every digit its fifth square ends in the same digit[assuming p and q are single digit numbers ]
More puzzles to try-
- 3 + 3 = 3 5 + 4 = 4 1 + 0 = 3 2 + 3 = 4 ...Read More »
- Which letter replaces the question markRead More »
- There is a building of 100 floors -If an egg drops from the Nth floor or above it will break. ...Read More »
- Five puzzleFry ship’s pirates have obtained 100 gold coins and have to divide up the loot. The pirates are all ...Read More »
- There are 10 stacks of 10 coins each. Each coin weights 10 gms. However, one stack of coins is defective ...Read More »
- Dr.Willam wants to operate for three different persons who were wounded. But he had only two surgical gloves. There is ...Read More »
- Which clock works best? The one that loses a minute a day or the one that doesn’t work at all?Read More »
- In the gear arrangement, To which one will the needle touch, 1 OR 2Read More »
- A man leaves his house in the morning to go to office and kisses his wife. In the evening on ...Read More »
- A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, ...Read More »
- A bridge will collapse in 17 minutes. 4 people want to cross it before it will collapse. It is a ...Read More »
- In a country where everyone wants a boy, each family continues having babies till they have a boy. After some ...Read More »
- A devotee goes to three temples, temple1, temple2 and temple3 one after the other. In front of each temple, there ...Read More »
- There is a perfectly accurate analog watch with hour, minute, and second hands. How many times a day do all three ...Read More »
- Four days are there which start with the letter ‘T‘. I can remember only two of them as “Tuesday , Thursday”. ...Read More »
- Two fathers took their sons to a fruit stall. Each man and son bought an apple, But when they returned ...Read More »
- A farmer is taking her eggs to the market in a cart, but she hits a pothole, which knocks over ...Read More »
- Let it be simple and as direct as possible. Interviewer : Tell me how much time (in days) and money would ...Read More »
- In the middle of the confounded desert, there is the lost city of “Ash”. To reach it, you will have ...Read More »
- Solve this logic sequence puzzle by the correct digit- 8080 = 6 1357 = 0 2022 = 1 1999 = ...Read More »